Sunday, July 11, 2010

Smith Rock Run



I am very excited to say that I ran my first 10K race! This is the first time that I've tried to run that far without stopping at all. It may not seem like as big of a deal as the half marathons that I've done but it felt like a big deal because we ran the entire thing. My coworker Carmen and I chose the Smith Rock Run for our first full out 10K because we thought it would be a pretty area to visit and we weren't disappointed. Luckily it started early in the morning before it got too hot out. We ran it in exactly 1 hour and we placed 80th out of 165 runners. We felt like we kept a pretty good pace and I guess we were right. We were smack dab in the middle of the pack and ran 9:50 minute miles. We might just have to make this an annual event.

No comments: