Sunday, May 22, 2011

Pole Pedal Paddle 2011








A bunch of my coworkers thought it would be fun to put together a team for Pole Pedal Paddle in Bend. This was my first year competing in it but the second year for the rest of the team. It was a little bit wetter than we would have liked but turned out to be a great day at the end. There were six legs of the race: Snowboarder-Sarah, Cross country skiier- Jeanette, Biker-Mandy, Runner-Allison, Kayak/sprinter-Carmen. It was my job to run 5 miles of trails but I injured my knee a few weeks before and it turned out to be a really bad idea. About a half mile into it my knee was done for and it was all I could do to just finish my leg of the race. I originally was suppose to be the sprinter also but Carmen had to do it for me. It was a fun event and a fun day in Bend with James.

No comments: